Top 10 Reverse Mortgage Lenders 2017
Now that we're a few weeks into 2017, the total figures are in the top 10 largest reverse mortgage lenders in 2016. The Pacific/West Coast region continues to lead the country in total loans closed with the Southeast that includes the likes of Florida and Georgia coming in distant second place.
- American Advisors Group - Based in Orange, CA, they originated over 20% of all HECM loans.
- Finance of America Reverse - More commonly known to consumers as Urban Financial, they operate in 40+ states and produce retail and wholesale reverse mortgage loans.
- One Reverse Mortgage - Owned by the same parent company as Quick Home Mortgages, is one of the more recognizable brands because of having Henry Winkler as the spokesperson.
- Reverse Mortgage Funding - This company made one of the largest volume gains from 2015 to 2016 in number of reverse mortgage loans.
- Liberty Home Equity Solutions - Not too far behind, Liberty Home Equity Solutions comes in at number 5, only a few hundred separating them from #3 and #4.
- Synergy One Lending - Based out of San Diego, California, they increased their reverse mortgage loans by a whopping 154% from 2015.
- Security One Lending - S1 Lending/Reverse Mortgage Solutions continues the trend of a senior celebrity spokesperson with Pat Boone.
- Live Well Financial
- High Tech Lending, Inc. - Another reverse mortgage lender based in Southern California, they call Irvine, CA their headquarters.
- Nationwide Equities