Top Ten Largest Reverse Mortgage Lenders
A few larger lenders have quietly exited the reverse mortgage business because of the drop in home prices and increased regulations. Some of these lenders include MetLife, Bank of America, Financial Freedom and Wells Fargo, all of them used to be among the top 5 reverse mortgage lenders at some point.
- Security One Lending - S1 Lending continues the trend of a senior celebrity spokesperson with Pat Boone.
- AAG Reverse Mortgage - American Advisors Group reverse mortgage lends in all states except in AZ, MA, NH and SC. They have one of the largest advisors network in the country.
- Generation Mortgage - Based out of Atlanta, Georgia, they are one of the larger wholesale reverse mortgage lenders.
- First National Bank - First National has been rising in the rankings since the fall of 2012. They hired additional workers to help service the volume that they are attempting to gain from the exists of Metlife, Bank of America and Wells Fargo.
- Urban Financial - Currently the largest wholesale reverse mortgage lender. They signed on Robert Wagner as their spokesperson. They also operate under the consumer brand, Reverse It!.
- Proficio Reverse Mortgage - A trusted direct reverse mortgage lender.
- One Reverse Mortgage - Owned by the same parent company as Quick Home Mortgages, is one of the more recognizable brands because of having Henry Winkler as the spokesperson.
- Metlife Bank (No longer in the reverse mortgage business)
- Wells Fargo (No longer in the reverse mortgage business)
- Bank of America (No longer in the reverse mortgage business)